Am i allowed to work in Australia?

With the right visa YES!

While we provide you with basic information regarding the Working Visa it is always best to check out the relevant information from the Australian Government to ensure you get the most accurate and up to date information. All work which Goodwood Road Backpackers organise for its guests ensures you can upgrade your visas whether you have a level 1,2 or 3.

Please find below an example on how a first time traveler from Malaysia would go about applying for a Their first Working Visa to Australia.

They would need to be aged from 18 years to 30 years inclusive which lets them have an extended holiday while being allowed to perform paid work in Australia. This comes at an application cost of $485.00 AUD which is current as of 14/11/2020.

However they must have a valid Passport from an eligible country to which will then allow them to apply for a secondary 462 class visa to extend their working holiday further.

Don’t be caught out there has been many bad cases of in which dodgy farms and hostels promising you hours towards your visa but they then don’t provide this!! We think this is disgusting and would never do this to our guests!

If you have any further questions on Visa’s you can check on the Australian Government’s website at How to Get An Australian Working Visa or get in touch with us on 4181 0212 or our contact us page.


What seasons is farm work available?

Goodwood Road Backpackers have work available for our guests all year round. No matter the season Winter, Summer, Autumn or Spring we have done the hard work of ensuring you have stable employment while here on your Working Visa.

Do you have any beaches close by?

Goodwood Road Backpackers are conveniently located about 10 to 20 minutes drive from a number of beautiful beaches well known to Bundaberg some of them being Coonarr Beach, Woodgate Beach and Bargara Beach. All of which we can assist in getting you transport to and from these beautiful locations.

How can i Work in Australia if im a Backpacker?

People aged from 18 to 30 inclusive (except for Irish, French or Canadian who can be 18 to 35 inclusive) and have a passport from an eligible country you will be able to apply for a Working Visa via the Apply for Working Visa Australian Government Website

Are there any takeaway shops nearby?

We have a number of local takeaway shops as well as big chain food shops such as KFC, Hungry Jacks, Mcdonalds and Red Rooster all within a 20 minute return drive from Goodwood Road Backpacker Hostel. We also have a petrol station and smaller food takeaway shop which is located within a 5 minute drive.

Translate »